Composite Thread Lift Technique – Deep rejuvenation
HansBiomedMINT Polydioxanone Absorbable Thread。
The composite thread lift technique improves the softening of tissues caused by aging. Through legally approved materials, techniques, and specialist doctors, the threads are placed into multiple tissue layers. The minimally invasive procedure lifts and supports sagging skin. For those not interested in full facelift surgery and longer recovery times, the composite thread lift technique is a treatment option that is minimally invasive with natural-looking results.
專利線材韓士秘特MINT LIFT拉提線，為近期美國FDA及台灣TFDA都核准通過新一代埋線線材，韓士秘特拉提線(俗稱神力拉提)：MINT LIFT(Minimal Invasive Nonsurgical Thread Lift)，不但合法核可使用於臉部肌膚拉提，秘特線材本身擁有多項特色及專利，目前穩霸韓國及多國的 線材市佔率，於2021年11月在台核准上市。MINT LIFT 神力拉提非常重視安全與合法，不僅得到大先進國家專利認證製成技術，也是目前全球唯一擁有美國FDA、台灣衛福部TFDA認證以及七國認證的臉部拉提線材 ，一體成型的專利印壓技術，經實驗證明，神力拉提力道多於傳統切割線材400%，讓變美更安全又有效。
What materials are used for the threads?
There are a number of products approved for legal use in the Taiwan area. These include Silhouette Sutures, Stratafix, V-Loc, Quill, and Miracle Thread, which have all long been in clinical use and are safe choices for consumers. Some of their characteristics are listed below.
Silhouette Instalift was designed and is manufactured in the US with approvals from both the USFDA and Taiwan FDA. Its many unique qualities include: Silhouette Instalift is the first material approved by the Taiwan FDA for lifting; it is 100% absorbable; it has bidirectional conical shapes on the thread; it is highly compatible with skin tissues; it is safe and not commonly rejected by the skin; and swelling post-procedure is minimal, lasting a few hours to 1 day before full recovery.
Stratafix is a brand of antibacterial knotless sutures. Its most striking feature is the symmetrical fishbone-shaped barbs which greatly enhance the tensile strength and pull of the thread. Compared to other barbed threads, the barbs on Stratafix are less sharp and irritating to the subcutaneous tissues, resulting in less soreness and swelling after implantation under the skin.
These threads have one other unique quality: during the manufacturing process they are coated with a layer of dissolvable antibacterial triclosan. According to international clinical studies, triclosan is effective at suppressing the growth of Staphylococcus and E. Coli for up to 11-23 days after being implanted into the body. With approval from the WHO as a hygienic material, Stratafix can substantially reduce infections and avoid autoimmune issues.
The barbed V-Loc 180 is used for repairing soft tissue. With an absorbable polysaccharide lactide material, it is used for sutures in surgery. V-Loc is legal medical material produced in the U.S. A lift using V-Loc is a minor procedure that doesn’t require the use of general anesthetic or any incisions. It is a minimally invasive treatment for lifting and tightening the face. The procedure works by using absorbable barbed threads that are implanted into subcutaneous tissues.
Quill is a thread that is absorbable by the human body. It is implanted under the skin along the hairline of the forehead or behind the ears to provide support via a minimally invasive procedure. Quill has small barbs that lift and tighten loose and sagging skin for an immediate effect. The incisions used to implant Quill are about the size of a needlepoint, resulting in a fast recovery, while the thread itself is absorbable by the human body, so no follow-up for removal is necessary. The face is left looking firmer without leaving any scars.
Lecture overseas by facial contouring specialist Dr. Michael Lai
Dr. Lai had the honor of being invited by medical companies to give a lecture alongside internationally renowned plastic surgeon Dr. Mauricio de Maio. Together they spoke about cosmetic medicine and the expression of emotions, the secret to beauty, and non-surgical cosmetic procedures. It was a milestone event for cosmetic medicine in Taiwan.
Frequently Asked Questions
Thread lifts are best suited for those with mild to moderate softening and sagging of the facial skin who want quicker results than those offered by ultrasound or radiofrequency lift therapies. Aside from this, these patients would like to have prolonged stimulation of collagen production while being able to accept minor incisions and a short period of recovery.
- seeking results similar to those of a surgical face lift.
- Those who cannot accept a short period of recovery — after treatment there may be some bruising and small incision sites that require a few days to heal.
- Those with excessively sunken cheeks are recommended to first consider undergoing treatments with fillers.
- It is recommended not to undergo any procedures if the treatment site is infected.
- Discuss with your doctor and be well informed on expected results and limits of treatment.
- On the day of the procedure, do not apply makeup or wear any jewelry or contact lenses.
- The night before the procedure, be sure to get ample sleep and do not stay up late.
- Treatment is not recommended for pregnant women or those with diabetes or acute cardiovascular disease.
- Please inform your doctor if your skin is prone to scarring or keloids.
- Avoid drinking alcohol, smoking, and heavy foods for 2 days prior to treatment.
- Avoid excessively large facial expressions for 1 week after treatment to prevent pulling on the skin.
- Avoid excessive massaging or stimulation of the treatment site for 1 week after treatment.
- Avoid hot environments, such as spas and saunas, for 1 week after treatment.
- Avoid drinking, smoking, and spicy or irritating foods for 3 days after treatment.
- Treated areas may experience redness and swelling. This can be alleviated with cold compresses.
- Depending on the patient, treated areas may experience some bruising. This will fade within 1 week.
- If you have any questions following treatment, please be sure to consult with our clinic. Do not apply any creams without first consulting a doctor.